Institutional Investing / Environmental, Social and Governance Insights
ESG Perspectives Newsletter Q1 2023
The ESG Perspectives Newsletter is published seasonally to keep the investment community abreast of Fisher Investments’ ESG capabilities and projects. This edition covers FI’s corporate engagement highlights, the US Supreme Court’s ruling on EPA authority, and our response to evolving regulations.
- 2022 Corporate Engagement Highlights: Describes the progress FIIG and PMG made in persuading companies to strengthen their ESG performance – successes include developing a carbon neutral goal, commissioning an independent human rights risk assessment and ceasing business operations in an area with prevalent human rights abuses.
- Client Co-Engagement at FI: Describes our client co-engagement process in detail, including benefits for those clients that choose to participate.
- Value Investing in ESG: Discusses how value opportunities remain abundant after application of Fisher’s ESG process in addition to how value-oriented sectors and industries are still very much investible within ESG strategies.
- An Update on FI’s Recent PRI & UK Stewardship Code Assessments:Provides background on FI’s 2021 PRI Scores in addition to our continued progress within our stewardship program to remain a signatory to the UK Stewardship Code.
- Implications of SFDR:Describes how FI has adapted to the EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation’s definition of a sustainable investment in addition to details on FI’s first Emerging Markets Paris-Aligned Strategy.
*The foregoing information constitutes the views of Fisher Investments based on information believed to be reliable. There can be no assurances that Fisher Investments will continue to hold these views. These views may change at any time based on new information, analysis, or reconsideration.
Fisher Investments Europe Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, is wholly owned by Fisher Asset Management, LLC, trading as Fisher Investments. Fisher Investments is based in the US and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Fisher Investments Europe delegates portfolio management to its parent company, Fisher Investments. Unless otherwise specified, references to investment professionals, operations personnel, and middle and back office personnel are references to Fisher Investments employees.
See Our Institutional Insights
Stay on top of the latest investment trends and developments with our views and research.