If you have a 401(k) plan as part of your overall investment strategy, use our 401(k) calculator to learn how small changes can have a big impact on your retirement. Learn more about our perspective on 401(k) calculators.
To calculate either manually enter values on the right, or use the sliders to change values, then hit the calculate button to view results.
Show the input definitions
401(k) Calculator Input Definitions:
- Years until retirement: How many years until you'll no longer work, and stop contributing to your 401(k) plan.
- Your 401(k) value: The current value of your 401(k).
- Your current salary: Your gross annual salary.
- Percentage of your annual salary you contribute to your 401(k): The percentage of your gross salary that you contribute to your 401(k) plan.
- Employer match: The percentage amount your employer contributes to your 401(k) plan, if any.
- Estimated annual return: Hypothetical annual rate of return on the investments within your 401(k) plan.